Andy Warhol (American 1928-1987) Reigning Queens. Queen Elizabeth II. Original limited edition poster. Art Expo Denmark. Free delivery
A first (and limited edition) poster of the late Queen Elizabeth II by iconic pop artist, Andy Warhol. This poster was for an exhibition at Art Expo, Denmark in 1986. The four part Reigning Queens series (Elizabeth was one of the reigning female monarchs at the time) was originally shown at the Leo Castelli Gallery in New York between September and October 1985.
The Reigning Queens series brought together some of Warhol’s main themes: portraiture, celebrity, decoration and social hierarchy.
• Dimensions: Height: 32.2 cm / 13 inches × Width:23.5 cm / 10 inches .
• Year: 1986
• Medium: Offset Lithograph
• Classification: Original exhibition poster. Limited First Edition.
• Condition: Excellent for age
• Particulars: Published by Art Expo, Denmark
• Provenance/Documentation: The poster will be sent rolled up and will be supplied with a Choughed Online Art CoA, together with an original gallery certificate from purchase in December 2020.
As always with Choughed pieces, this Warhol piece has been stored in darkened conditions. Please get in touch if you require more images. Free UK and Worldwide delivery.
Andy Warhol is one of the most famous and iconic artists of all time. Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1928, Warhol also became a film director, and producer. But as a celebrated artist Warhol was the leading figure in the visual art movement known as Pop Art. His works explore the relationship between advertising and celebrity culture which flourished in the United States in the 1960s.